Monday, September 8, 2014

Gob Bluth

So this is kind of personal- mostly just really weird, and I don’t know if anyone else has any similar experiences.
After my Dad died, I had one distinct dream where my Dad “came back to life”, which was really a dream where he showed up in the house after being gone awhile, and he explained that it was a mistake and he wasn’t dead and he was able to come back.
And since that, in every dream I’ve had he’s been alive. As if it’s a continuation of that one dream. That yeah he was gone, but he came back and since then he’s still there, always at the house I grew up in.
So last night I had a dream that I was going to sleep with Gob Bluth, for some reason, and he was shirtless and we were kissing, but I heard my Mom come in the door so I shoved him in my room. I couldn't remember which one was his shirt, so I gave him a bunch to find his. He comes out wearing one of my Dad’s shirts, the tan short sleeved kind of plaidish one. And I said “You can’t wear that, it’s my dead Dad’s shirt.” So he apologizes and goes back to put on another one. And he opens the door and I realize it's not just my Mom, it's both my parents talking. So Gob looks at me and my only response is “I guess I made a liar out of myself with that dead Dad comment.”
Like, even in my dreams when I think he’s not there, it ends up as “Nope nevermind I was wrong.”

No comments:

Post a Comment